April 04, 2006

Vacation time

Yup, I'm taking a mini-vacation, such as it were.

I've been under a huge ammount of stress lately. The bi-polar disorder has really been kicking my ass lately, and it's getting the better of me. It's causing me to hurt my son (I yelled at him and scared him), and even at work I can't hold it together. A coworker caught me crying uncontrollably in the garden shed the other day. So, at the urging of a friend, I left work and school for a few days, and came down to Ohio for a break.

I was worried about work, but called my HR manager and she said it was perfectly okay. So hopefully I'll be back to work on Friday. At least I know my job will be waiting for me, so that's a little preasure off my back.

I'm seeing my doctor on Monday. She's not going to be happy that I've been lying to her. I told her I've been doing really well, when the truth is I've been having suicidal thoughts for almost a month now, and tried to do myself in last week. Hopefully we'll work on some med adjustments and see what happens.

Also, my ex and I have agreed to no more overnights with my son for a little while. I'm going to see him on Tuesday and just take him to the park for awhile. I hope he'll be okay with that.

At any rate, it feels good to not be at either work or school, to eat sushi, and to spend time in the company of someone who cares for me. I think we all should have a vacation like that from time to time.

1 comment:

Bainwen Gilrana said...

You most definitely deserve a vacation once in awhile, even if it's just to Ohio.