June 07, 2006

Not so good 6-6-6

I’m a little superstitious, I'll admit it. You can't be in theatre without being just a touch that way. However, when it comes to things like breaking mirrors, black cats, and Friday the 13th, I say you make your own luck. Yesterday was no exception. I was determined to not let the "dreaded" 6-6-6 day be a bad one for me. I went to work, and our loss prevention guy said he was going to keep an extra close eye on me since he thinks I'm bad luck. (Hurt my knee, lock my keys in the car, etc.) Well, all day at work was fine. I worked out in the garden department, and didn't have any problem customers. Then I had my son after work, and we had a great visit. I thought for sure I had the bad luck beat.

Then I drove home from dropping off my son at his dad's.

While driving down the road, a Siamese cat darted out in front of my car. I hit the breaks, but it was too late. I killed the poor kitty cat. I was so upset and felt sick. I couldn't bring myself to turn around and try and find who it might belong to. I called my boyfriend and told him what happened. He kept telling me it was just an accident, but I can't help but feel like shit. I had a cat hit and killed by a car once too. I know what a horrid feeling that is. If I close my eyes, I can still see it. A day later, and I still feel sick.

So it turned out to not be that great of a day after all. Not the worst day I’ve ever had, but I can’t think of anything that’s happened lately that made me feel this bad.

To who ever owned the kitty, I am so very sorry. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me. And for the love of the gods, please, if you get another cat, don't let it outside. Don't let this happen again. I'm so sorry.

1 comment:

Bainwen Gilrana said...

I hit a dog once and cried for days. I still tear up if I think about it, and it was more than a year ago. I'm so sorry this happened to you. :-(