April 28, 2008

Thursday, November 01, 2007 ~ Finally, a wedding date!

My sweetie, chillas, and I have been engaged for almost a year now. We had originally set the date for September 8th of this year. Unfortunatly the place we had picked out, The Columbus Zoo, pulled a switcheroo on us, and informed us that they now had a $5000 minimum! We don't know enough people to have that kind of wedding. I guess I could have put an open invitation in a myspace bulliten or something. ;)

So...we think about this for awhile, and decide to have it on March 15th of 2008, since it's the weekend closest to our dating anniversary, St. Patrick's Day. I told my ex husband about the date, and he was agreeable at first to let my five year old son come down for the wedding. Then he suddenly has a snit fit, and decides that since it's not a regular scheduled visit for Nicholas, he can't come down! Jackass. I think he just didn't want us to have Nicholas for three weekends in a row, since we get Easter this year as well.

Naturally we're ticked as all get out. Nicholas has to be at the wedding! He already knows we're getting married, and wants to be there with us. So we decide to plan the wedding, begrudginly, around Nicholas' (read, ex-h's) schedule. That means it will have to be either March 8th or April 12th. We can't push it any farther back than the last weekend of April, because my parent have already bought their plane tickets, and need to use them by then or they loose them.

Suddenly, while driving in the car yesterday, I got an idea. (ping!) We get Nicholas for his spring break next year. So why not plan the wedding around that? I run to the computer, bring up his school's web site, and voila...he has spring break the first full week of April, and the weekend before and after. Meaning that not only will we have him for 10 whole days, but he'll be able to visit with his grandparents and be a part of the wedding. And there's not a damn thing his father can do about it to keep him from comming! Because if he does, he's going to get in huge trouble with the courts. Plus I'll drive up there and beat him to death with a sledge hammer. ;)

Calloo, callay. We have a wedding date. Now all we need to do is find a place to have it.

Oooo...and another wonderful thing. We've already picked out our wedding bands, and they're just beautiful. Mine's a white gold ring with diamonds all over the top of the band, and his is a titanium band with a thin gold rim on top and bottom. Gorgeus. We were planning on using my grandma's wedding band for mine, (It's 72 years old), but the jeweler said that in order to size it up for me, they'd have to stretch it, and it could possibly break. I told them "don't do it!" I'd rather have it as a keepsake then take the chance of breaking it.

We also had to get me a new engagement ring, since mine litteraly went down the drain about a month ago. But the new one is sooooooooo pretty. It has a very antique look to it, made up of little tiny princes cut stones. And it matches perfectly with the band that the wonderful jewerly gal helped us pick out. (Yeah Kay Jewelers!) I can't wait to wear mine, and to put chillas' on him.

Just over 4 months to go. I already have my dress, we know who we want to cater it (we're off to a meeting with them today), we meet with a florist on Saturday, and our photographer is all lined up. Now all we need is a place for the ceremony and reception...the hardest parts. I know we should have done that first, but we're not exactly traditional, I guess you could say.

Squee!!! I can't wait! *does Snoopy dance*

No comments: